Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dual Adapter With Option GT Max 3.6 And Vista??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dual Adapter With Option GT Max 3.6 And Vista??

Hi Guys,
    I just received my Dual adapter PCMCIA to express card adapter to use with my Option GT max 3.6 3G air card (That's a mouthful!).

I'm running Vista with a 64 Bit Dual processor, I don't know what that means but this make me nervous, see here: Cingular Forum

I installed the dual card sotware without a problem (Software shows that it's connected) and I'm using the latest globetrotter (Option) software, the problem is that my Air Card is not even being seen!

My air card has LEDs that normally light up and they don't. I do not get a new hardware installed windows pop up and when I click on the Option software it shows no device detected.

My air card is good, I'm using it right now on my old laptop
    Any ideas??
    Thanks in advance

Duel Adapter (PC to Express) with x64 Vista

Sorry to hear your having problems. Not sure this has been validated on this platform but in any case we don't know if the Option GT drivers would even work on x64 vista. Do you happen to have any other PC card devices that you can use the Duel adapter with on your express laptop to help isolate the problem (ie. determine whether the duel adapter compatibility is the problem or its a compatibility issue with Option GT and 64 bit vista). OS compatibilitly for Option GT Max 3.6 shows as:

OS support for Microsoft Windows Vista (32-bit), XP, and 2000
    KF7RCQ

Comment

Originally posted by thuor View Post
      Sorry to hear your having problems. Not sure this has been validated on this platform but in any case we don't know if the Option GT drivers would even work on x64 vista. Do you happen to have any other PC card devices that you can use the Duel adapter with on your express laptop to help isolate the problem (ie. determine whether the duel adapter compatibility is the problem or its a compatibility issue with Option GT and 64 bit vista). OS compatibilitly for Option GT Max 3.6 shows as:
      I thought of the same thing for trouble shooting and unfortunately I have no other devices.

Comment

Update

OS Name Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium
        Version 6.0.6000 Build 6000
        Other OS Description Not Available
        OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
        System Name DOMINIC-PC
        System Manufacturer Averatec
        System Model 2300 Series
        System Type X86-based PC
        Processor AMD Turion(tm) 64 X2 Mobile Technology TL-52, 1600 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)
        BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 080013, 3/9/2007
        SMBIOS Version 2.4
        Windows Directory C:\Windows
        System Directory C:\Windows\system32
        Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume2
        Locale United States
        Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.0.6000.16407"
        User Name Dominic-PC\Dominic
        Total Physical Memory 958.81 MB
        Available Physical Memory 104.77 MB
        Total Virtual Memory 2.12 GB
        Available Virtual Memory 1.12 GB
        Page File Space 1.23 GB
        Page File C:\pagefile.sys

Updated info, it ends up that I have 32 Bit vista afterall! I have tried all of the trouble shooting tips that come along with the guide and also found the newest connection soft ware on the ATT/Cingular website but the Air Card still is not recognised, could it be a faulty adapter?

SUMMARY
        This step-by-step article describes how to determine whether a computer is running a 32-bit Microsoft Windows operating system or a 64-bit Microsoft Windows operating system. To determine whether your computer is running a 32-bit Windows operating system or a 64-bit Windows operating system, examine the system information. To do this, use one of the following methods.

Note Intel Itanium-based computers can only run 64-bit versions of Windows. Intel Itanium-based computers cannot run a 32-bit Windows operating system. Currently, 64-bit versions of Windows only run on Itanium-based computers and AMD64-based computers.
        Windows Vista
        Method 1
        1. Click Start Start button , type system in the Start Search box, and then click system in the Programs list.
        2. The operating system appears as follows:
        • For a 64-bit version operating system: 64-bit Operating System appears for the System type under System.
        • For a 32-bit version operating system: 32-bit Operating System appears for the System type under System.
        Method 2
        1. Click Start Start button , type system in the Start Search box, and then click System Information in the Programs list.
        2. The operating system appears as follows:
        • For a 64-bit version operating system: x64-based PC appears for the System type under Item.
        For a 32-bit version operating system: x86-based PC appears for the System type under Item

Comment

It actually could be a faulty device. Please contact us for return/replacement instructions.
          KF7RCQ

Comment

AT&T Option GT Max Express with Express to PC Converter

Clarification of this post:

Please note that the following device does NOT work with the Option GT Max on any laptop: XCA-3

However this device WILL work with Option GT max and Windows XP & Windows Vista laptops: DuelAdapter Cradle
            For now we have not found any laptops that the latter is not compatible with but as we do we will post them.

These devices are both widely supported by many systems since they don't require any drivers.
            KF7RCQ

Comment

Working...
            X