J
New Member
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 4
01-24-2007, 03:36 PM
#1Does the H110 allow seemless failover of Ethernet onto 3G (EDGE/HSDPA)? Has to internally maintain both connections and detect loss of signal on one WAN source.


Tags: None

... in VZW I have 2 aircards an Express card and a PC card but only pay for one service. I am able to go online and change what ESN I want to use (my wife travels with one card and I travel with the other). Not sure if Sprint or Alltel have a similar feature but if your using Verizon EV-DO what you could do is buy an extra aircard that always resides in the ZTE and another that you can use always and at night do the ESN change (very cumbersome .... wish it was automated or someone can write a script to do this automatically).
.... i can see how seemless failover might be tricky and probably wasteful since the router basically has to keep doing pings or otherwise detecting if a remove server is alive ... plus that server has to be guaranteed to always be alive!