RFWEL
The RFWEL Forums are now archived. All threads and discussions are preserved here for reference. New posts, replies, and comments are no longer accepted. For support or enquiries, please visit our Knowledge Base or Contact Us.

Great news on the VoIP feature of the ZTE!!!

This thread is part of the RFWEL Forums Archive. It is preserved here for reference and is no longer open for new replies or comments.
⌕
Pageof 1‹›⌗ Filter ▾
N
noneya
Wireless Support
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 166
07-26-2007, 01:39 PM
#1
I just got done with a tech support customer that bought the ZTE and is using it in Africa. I helped him set up his SIP service in the ZTE. He hung up and called me back and it sounded great. Now remember that he is calling me using an EvDO card in Africa. So using it here in the states you should get much better results with the faster speeds. If any one has played with this let us know what your results are. I just thought I would let everyone know.
Tags: None
C
chiti
New Member
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 22
07-26-2007, 02:06 PM
#2
VOIP through EVDO Router

That is awesome! My friend is from Angola and the are doing EVDO RevA here using Movicel Telecomunicacoes Lda and was wondering what cellular carrier they are using there and what aircard you are using.
Tags: None
B
barita_lola
New Member
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1
08-11-2007, 09:24 PM
#3
fastest growing global provider of telecommunications equipment

Well friend it's true that ZTE Corporation is the fastest growing global provider of telecommunications equipment and network solutions, is to provide China Telecom, the country?s largest fixed-line operator, with its largest metropolitan intelligent fixed-line NGN network.
Tags: None
E
Eagle
New Member
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 6
01-26-2008, 01:27 PM
#4
ZTE Bavo w/ZTE My39 EVDO Card (Angola - Africa)

Originally posted by plaistedg
I just got done with a tech support customer that bought the ZTE and is using it in Africa. I helped him set up his SIP service in the ZTE. He hung up and called me back and it sounded great. Now remember that he is calling me using an EvDO card in Africa. So using it here in the states you should get much better results with the faster speeds. If any one has played with this let us know what your results are. I just thought I would let everyone know.
Where in Africa this SIP service was enabled? I had tried with several different and updated firmwares for the ZTE Bavo, using a ZTE My39 PCMCIA EVDO Card provided by Movicel (Angola) but the router never recognized the card. I opened a case in ZTE but never got any workaround.
Tags: None
E
Eagle
New Member
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 6
01-26-2008, 01:31 PM
#5
Originally posted by chiti
That is awesome! My friend is from Angola and the are doing EVDO RevA here using Movicel Telecomunicacoes Lda and was wondering what cellular carrier they are using there and what aircard you are using.
Movicel in Angola is selling ZTE My39 and Huawei PCMCIA cards, the USB Anydata ADU E100D and lately the AxcessTel Router. However the service is getting slower as more users are suscribing to this services.
Tags: None
P
phool
New Member
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1
04-03-2009, 12:45 AM
#6
Can I use a modem over a VOIP phone connection? I have Sunrocket VOIP for my home phone. I'd like to connect to the internet using a modem for some trouble shooting stuff. Is this possible with VOIP?
Tags: None
C
chiti
New Member
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 22
04-04-2009, 12:16 PM
#7
Hi, If you have a VOIP connection at home then it implies that you have broadband internet at home and if so then you would remote login to your home network through that broadband connection. It does't make sense to "connect using VOIP" ... VOIP is nothing more than digitized voice carried over the Internet so it doesn't really have any underlying unique transport mechanism that you could use for remote connections as opposed to standard PSTN phones (public switched telephone networks). Or am i missing what your trying to do?
Tags: None
E
Eagle
New Member
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 6
05-05-2009, 08:23 AM
#8
Originally posted by noneya
I just got done with a tech support customer that bought the ZTE and is using it in Africa. I helped him set up his SIP service in the ZTE. He hung up and called me back and it sounded great. Now remember that he is calling me using an EvDO card in Africa. So using it here in the states you should get much better results with the faster speeds. If any one has played with this let us know what your results are. I just thought I would let everyone know.
Noneya, can you please be more specific? Where in Africa the ZTE Bavo is being used? What is the hardware being used as EVDO PCMCIA card? Did you tried with a USB EVDO or 3G dongle?

Regards,

Eagle.
Tags: None