RFWEL
⌂›Forum›Wireless Communication›Wireless I/O (Input/Output)›Macbook Pro + DuelAdapter + Sierra AC875
The RFWEL Forums are now archived. All threads and discussions are preserved here for reference. New posts, replies, and comments are no longer accepted. For support or enquiries, please visit our Knowledge Base or Contact Us.

Macbook Pro + DuelAdapter + Sierra AC875

This thread is part of the RFWEL Forums Archive. It is preserved here for reference and is no longer open for new replies or comments.
⌕
Pageof 1‹›⌗ Filter ▾
T
tim-e
New Member
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 1
05-20-2008, 09:46 PM
#1
Hi everyone

Has anyone had this configuration working? When I plug them in, System Profiler shows the AirCard... but Sierra Watcher does not pick up its presence. OSX 10.5.2.

I can also pass the device though to a Windows XP install in a Parallels VM, but still no banana when I launch Sierra Watcher.

The card works fine in my Dell D610 (work laptop) and my Magma PCI extender box works OK with the DuelAdapter...

Tags: None
N
noneya
Wireless Support
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 166
05-21-2008, 10:49 AM
#2
Mac and Dueladapter

There is a little switch on the under side of the dueladapter. One side will say A and the other B. The A side is used for MACs and the B side is used for Windows. Not sure if you are switching that when you go from Windows to MAC, but that would be one reason why it would not be working on your MAC but would be working on your windows machine.

Originally posted by tim-e
Hi everyone

Has anyone had this configuration working? When I plug them in, System Profiler shows the AirCard... but Sierra Watcher does not pick up its presence. OSX 10.5.2.

I can also pass the device though to a Windows XP install in a Parallels VM, but still no banana when I launch Sierra Watcher.

The card works fine in my Dell D610 (work laptop) and my Magma PCI extender box works OK with the DuelAdapter...

Tags: None