RFWEL
⌂›Forum›Wireless Communication›Wireless I/O (Input/Output)›Dell XPS M1330 noteback compatible with the DuelAdapter PCMCIA to ExpressCard?
The RFWEL Forums are now archived. All threads and discussions are preserved here for reference. New posts, replies, and comments are no longer accepted. For support or enquiries, please visit our Knowledge Base or Contact Us.

Dell XPS M1330 noteback compatible with the DuelAdapter PCMCIA to ExpressCard?

This thread is part of the RFWEL Forums Archive. It is preserved here for reference and is no longer open for new replies or comments.
⌕
Pageof 1‹›⌗ Filter ▾
J
jvan111
New Member
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 1
01-20-2008, 11:32 PM
#1
I have the Dell XPS M1330 notebook (which only has an express card slot) and a Verizon Aircard 595 and want to get the DuelAdaptor so that I can use the aircard. Does anyone know if the Dell XPS M1330 noteback is compatible with the DuelAdapter PCMCIA to ExpressCard? Thanks.
Tags: None
N
noneya
Wireless Support
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 166
01-21-2008, 10:39 AM
#2
Compatability of the DuelAdapter with the Dell XPS M1330

The manufacturer has no information on this particular model being compatible with the DuelAdapter. This just means that they have not been able to test it yet. There is a Dell XPS 1710 model that is compatible. There is a chance that this could work for you, we have a 30 day return policy and no restocking fees it you would like to try it. You can order it online @: http://www.rfwel.com/shop/?target=pr...page=1 or give us a call at: 480.218.1877.

If you are using an Aircard we also have Mobile routers that could solve your problem, and give you more functionality then the adapters. Those start off at 149.99 depending on which aircard you have. You can check those our here: http://www.rfwel.com/shop/home.php?c...ction=0&page=2

Originally posted by jvan111
I have the Dell XPS M1330 notebook (which only has an express card slot) and a Verizon Aircard 595 and want to get the DuelAdaptor so that I can use the aircard. Does anyone know if the Dell XPS M1330 noteback is compatible with the DuelAdapter PCMCIA to ExpressCard? Thanks.
Tags: None
J
JK Texas
New Member
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 2
02-01-2008, 09:29 AM
#3
I bought one of these for a M1330 and the Sprint Aircard 595 and it works with the driver that I downloaded off of the web. It's a little bulky which is unfortunate, but what can you do?
Tags: None
T
thuor
Wireless Support
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 395
02-01-2008, 09:33 AM
#4
Thanks for the update. How is the datarate? Do you see any speed penalty when using it vs when using the 595 in a laptop that has a PCMCIA slot?
Tags: None
J
JK Texas
New Member
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 2
02-01-2008, 03:13 PM
#5
No. I literally just tried it for a few minutes (just got both the laptop and the adapter yesterday).... I don't get good reception where I live, and I only use it when I am travelling so I will know next week. Hope it is good though as I am ready to sell my old laptop (with a PCMCIA slot)
Tags: None