RFWEL
The RFWEL Forums are now archived. All threads and discussions are preserved here for reference. New posts, replies, and comments are no longer accepted. For support or enquiries, please visit our Knowledge Base or Contact Us.

Mb6800 Doa?

This thread is part of the RFWEL Forums Archive. It is preserved here for reference and is no longer open for new replies or comments.
⌕
Pageof 1‹›⌗ Filter ▾
K
kennydjr83
New Member
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 2
01-26-2008, 07:47 AM
#1
I got an MB6800 in the mail yesterday and I think it might be DOA. When I plug in the power to the router all of the LED's on the front come on and stay on (see attached image). My Sierra 881 AirCard does not look like it's getting any power from the router when plugged in.

Also, the router is not broadcasting a wireless network. I tried to manually connect to the router using the routers S/N as the SSID (just in case the router was just not broadcasting the network name) but that was no use. It's not a problem with my laptop's wireless, I use it all the time- I tried another laptop just in case, no use (all of my LAN setting are correct for both my NIC and wireless NIC- full auto... although I tried to manually assign an IP but again, that was no use.

Same results when trying to connect with an Ethernet cord, my laptop does not even recognize that it's connected to something.

There's nothing in the user manual that says why all the LED's on the front should be on... do I have to install firmware to the thing out of the box or something? I called TopGlobal's customer support number and got a cell phone voice mail (wierd right?) I'll try again later today.

Sorry for the long post, but this is pretty discouraging... and I cant find similar problems on the net.
Attached Files
Tags: None
T
thuor
Wireless Support
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 395
01-26-2008, 08:58 AM
#2
MB6800 All LED's Red

Yes your router sounds like it's DOA. Eventually you would need to do the change described in http://www.rfwel.com/forums/showthread.php?t=414 to get the Sierra 881 to work but at this point it should not have all LED's red and should at least have the WiFi and LAN interface up (should be able to give you an IP address with DHCP and you should be able to connect to the SSID).

Don't spend more time debuging it. If you bought it from us go ahead and call us for an RMA or login to your account to get an RMA and we will get it replaced for you. Sorry for the inconvenience.

By the way do you need the extra features of the MB6800 (ethernet uplink, USB port)? If not the MB6000 is more than $100 cheaper and if you need more than one LAN port you could always get a 4 port switch such as http://www.rfwel.com/shop/?target=pr...product_id=695 yet the MB6000 is our most stable router (we have the lowest return rate on this by far).
Tags: None
K
kennydjr83
New Member
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 2
01-26-2008, 02:18 PM
#3
Thank you for the information. I'll give you guys a call and I'll be sure to ask whoever I talk to about the mb6000. I just wish the thing was, well, less pyramidal Who thought that shape was a good idea anyways?
Tags: None