RFWEL
The RFWEL Forums are now archived. All threads and discussions are preserved here for reference. New posts, replies, and comments are no longer accepted. For support or enquiries, please visit our Knowledge Base or Contact Us.

Reseting Globesurfer III

This thread is part of the RFWEL Forums Archive. It is preserved here for reference and is no longer open for new replies or comments.
⌕
Pageof 1‹›⌗ Filter ▾
A
aigars
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 2
02-10-2010, 07:27 AM
#1
Hello!

I have problem resetting Globesurfer III.
In maintainence menu I downloaded configuration file, manually changed it, and uploaded it back again. After uploading Globesurfer self restarted and seems it is restarting ever since: display is turning black, then "moving circles" after that it shows "Initializing" and then display turning black again and so on. I can't access web interface anymore also ping to 192.168.1.1 not work.
In configuration file I tried to set my own DDNS settings, manually setting host name in name field. I was sure if I do something wrong, I will reset to
factory settings if my changes will not work.

But pressing reset in the Globesurfer did not change anything.


Please help,
Aigars
Tags: None
T
thuor
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 395
02-16-2010, 08:42 PM
#2
Are you able to login to the router using a CLI (command line interface). Probably unlikely if a ping is not working but give it a shot first. Here is how to do it Option GS3 CLI

If you can you can use the commands as shown below to try and reset to factory default:

GlobeSurfer> help system

Command Category system - Commands to control GlobeSurfer execution
die Exit from GlobeSurfer and return ret
ps Print GlobeSurfer's tasks
entity_close Close an entity
gdbserver Exit from GlobeSurfer and open gdbserver.
etask_list_dump Dump back trace of all etasks
restore_factory_settings Restore factory configuration
reboot Reboot the system
print_config Print compilation configuration. Search for option
if specified
exec Execute program
cat Print file contents to console
shell Spawn busybox shell in foreground
date Print the current UTC and local time
echo Echo arguments to console
exit Exit sub menu
help Show help for commands within this menu

Returned 0
Tags: None
A
aigars
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 2
03-28-2010, 03:08 AM
#3
Not work

Any other ideas?

Searching over the internet I found that, for example in case of Lynksys router, it is possible to reset (unbrick) by shortening internal flash
chip to the ground.

Anybody knows is it possible and how to do it with Globesurfer?
Tags: None
A
asepsup
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1
04-05-2011, 07:30 PM
#4
i have some problem (Stuck in initializing)

i have same problem with you, this happen after i upgrade the software, i cant ping or telnet

in the wifi list there is name virgin broaddband, but i can conected, because there is any password, i already fill in admin still not conected

please help me please

i already test on until 24 hours, but in the display still printed initializing
Tags: None