RFWEL
The RFWEL Forums are now archived. All threads and discussions are preserved here for reference. New posts, replies, and comments are no longer accepted. For support or enquiries, please visit our Knowledge Base or Contact Us.

Poor UMTS reception

This thread is part of the RFWEL Forums Archive. It is preserved here for reference and is no longer open for new replies or comments.
⌕
Pageof 1‹›⌗ Filter ▾
P
pikkuhenry
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1
01-08-2010, 11:49 PM
#1
I have purchased Option omniantenna for my OGSIII and I still have poor UMTS signal?
I can easily connect to UMTS with my Nokia E72 at the same location or even from indoors without any problems. What might be wrong? Do I really own a defect sample and being forced to send it to service?
Tags: None
T
thuor
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 395
01-11-2010, 04:18 PM
#2
depends on the antenna parameters and cable properties as well as cable length. What many people don't realize is that if you are going to add a moderate gain antenna (< 6dBi) and a lossy long cable (e.g RG-58) then you are often better off using the internal antennas.
Tags: None