RFWEL
The RFWEL Forums are now archived. All threads and discussions are preserved here for reference. New posts, replies, and comments are no longer accepted. For support or enquiries, please visit our Knowledge Base or Contact Us.

KR2 Thruput Problems

This thread is part of the RFWEL Forums Archive. It is preserved here for reference and is no longer open for new replies or comments.
⌕
Pageof 1‹›⌗ Filter ▾
J
Jackes
New Member
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2
07-08-2009, 09:04 PM
#1

I am experiencing a large difference in internet traffic thruput between using my KR2 with the Sierra 595 card for Sprint connection and putting the 595 card directly into my computer pcmcia slot. The router connection I am using is wireless.

Router wi-fi connections from computer to computer seem very fast but there is a dramatic slowdown when connecting to the internet.

Can somebody advise me of the optimum KR2 settings to maximize it's wireless thruput from the internet? I'm afraid that I may have something unnecessarily set which is slowing it down.

My laptop computer is a G4 15" Mac with "g" spec wireless so I have set the router to transmit "g: spec only in the belief that this may help. If I set the KR2 for "g" only or for "n", "g" and "b" combined seems to make no difference at all in thruput performance.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Jack

Tags: None