RFWEL
⌂›Forum›Wireless Communication›Kyocera Mobile Routers›Intermittent access with KPC680
The RFWEL Forums are now archived. All threads and discussions are preserved here for reference. New posts, replies, and comments are no longer accepted. For support or enquiries, please visit our Knowledge Base or Contact Us.

Intermittent access with KPC680

This thread is part of the RFWEL Forums Archive. It is preserved here for reference and is no longer open for new replies or comments.
⌕
Pageof 1‹›⌗ Filter ▾
D
deanreineke
New Member
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 3
05-14-2008, 01:33 PM
#1

Hi

I have a KR2 Router and a KPC680 card from Alltel. For the first week or so, this worked all the time. Now for the past week or two Internet Access has been very intermittent. One time I plug the KPC680 in and all works fine. Another time, when I plug the KPC680 in it does not even light up - nothing. Another time when the card is plugged in, works for a period of time, and then the card goes dark and nothing again.

Sometimes I can power off the router, restart and then plug the card in and the card lights up and works. At other times even after the restart of the router the card does not light up. After multiple tries I can usually get this to work - but it is getting very frustrating.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Dean (dean.reineke@gmail.com)

Tags: None
N
noneya
Wireless Support
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 166
05-15-2008, 08:06 AM
#2

In regards to your tech support issue:

Hello Dean,
A lot of these issues can be solved by updating your router to the latest firmware. Click here for the latest firmware update. Click here for the users guide. If you go to page 44 of 72 you will find the section that guides you through the update process. If you still continue to have issues or you have already done the firmware update please give us a call at 480.218.1877 and you can talk with a technical specialist for further assistance. Thank you for your inquiry and please keep us informed of your progress.

Originally posted by deanreineke https://570a4830dfd8-001562.vbulletin.net/forum/3g-4g-data-ev-do-hspxa-hspa-wimax-lte/kyocera-mobile-routers/317-intermittent-access-with-kpc680#post317 Hi

I have a KR2 Router and a KPC680 card from Alltel. For the first week or so, this worked all the time. Now for the past week or two Internet Access has been very intermittent. One time I plug the KPC680 in and all works fine. Another time, when I plug the KPC680 in it does not even light up - nothing. Another time when the card is plugged in, works for a period of time, and then the card goes dark and nothing again.

Sometimes I can power off the router, restart and then plug the card in and the card lights up and works. At other times even after the restart of the router the card does not light up. After multiple tries I can usually get this to work - but it is getting very frustrating.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Dean (dean.reineke@gmail.com)

Tags: None
D
deanreineke
New Member
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 3
05-15-2008, 05:56 PM
#3

May be an issue with the card

Plaistedg

Thanks, I did the firmware update. I am stilling having problems but I think now it is not with the router. I could always get the card to work with my laptop but now it does now the Alltel Quicklink does not recognize the card. When I insert it the Quicklink says the "deivice not inserted" and the status light of the card does not light. So I am seeing the same thing using the card with the router and the laptop. After getting nothing with either, I tried again on the router and it worked. Just sounds like a flaky card?

Dean

Tags: None