So far we have found these cards to work fine in the KR2. We will add compatibility information to this forum as we discover it.
Express Cards:
Kyocera KPC680 RevA
Novatel V640 Rev0 (Tested by RfWeL Customer on 3/27/08)
Novatel EX720 / V740
Sierra Wireless 597e (Tested by RfWeL on 7/3/08) Click here for Video
Option GTMax 3.6 Express (Tested by RfWeL on 5/16/08)
USB Cards:
Novatel U720 RevA
Novatel U727 RevA
Sierra Wireless 597 Compass Rev A (Tested by RfWeL 7/2/08) Click here for Video
Sierra Wireless AC595U RevA
Sierra Wireless Compass U597 RevA
Sierra Wireless 875U
Sierra Wireless U881
Franklin CDU-680 Rev0
Franklin CDU-550
Pantech UM150 RevA
Pantech UM175 RevA ( Tested by and RfWeL Customer on 8/27/08)
PCMCIA Cards:
Pantech PX-500 RevA (Tested by RfWeL on 3/19/08)
Novatel S720 RevA (Tested by RfWeL on 3/19/08)
Sierra AC595 RevA (Tested by RfWeL on 3/17/08)
Novatel S620 Rev0 (Tested by RfWeL on 3/18/08)
UTStarCom PC-5740 Rev0 (Tested by RfWeL Customer 0n 3/20/08)
UTStarCom PC5750 RevA (Tested by RfWeL Customer on 3/24/08)
Kyocera KPC650 Rev0 (Tested by RfWeL Customer on 3/27/08)
Huawei EC360
Sierra Wireless Aircard 595
Phones Via USB:
Samsung A920
Sanyo M1
LG VX7200
LG VX8000
LG LX550 Fusic
LG Musiq
Motorola RAZR V3m
Motorola RAZR V3c
Blackberry 8307e
Blackberry8830
Blackberry Pearl 8130
Samsung SPH A900
Samsung i830
Samsung SPH A900
Samsung SPH A900M
Sanyo SCP 8400
Sanyo SCP 6600 Katana
Sanyo SGH-A707
Samsung BlackJack
Sanyo M1
Motorola RAZR V3xx
Motorola RAZR2
Motorola KRZR
Motorola Q (original)
Motorola Q9c
Motorola Q v9h
Blackberry 8130
Palm 700w
Palm 755p
Palm Treo 700p
Palm Centro
HTC 6700 Apache
HTC 6800 Mogul
HTC 6900 Touch
This compatibility list is subject to change so please check back periodically for any changes that may have been made.
Here is a picture with the KR2 working with the Novatel S720. You will notice that the power light is green, the LAN light is green and the EvDO light is green:
https://570a4830dfd8-001562.vbulletin.net/filedata/fetch?id=1767&d=1205952127
Here is a picture with the KR2 working with the Pantech PX500. You will notice that the power light is green, the LAN light is green and the EvDO light is green:
https://570a4830dfd8-001562.vbulletin.net/filedata/fetch?id=1768&d=1205952482
KR2 Compatibility List
UTStarCom PC-5740 witht he Kyocera KR2
The UTStarCom PC-5740 was tested by a customer of ours today and it is working great with no configuration changes. I have added this to our compatibility list.
KR2 with Verizon's PC5750
I just received the Kyocera KR2 today and just as the Sales rep stated, the KR2 is working well with my Verizon PC5750 RevA card. I was a bit apprehensive if I was going to have problems with my card. When I talked to the sales rep. and then saw the addendum specifically addressing my card, I was delighted. So far no problems. I have not had time to fully configure the KR2 as it has so many new configuration settings. I am replacing a KR1 connected to a separate 802.11G attachment point with the KR2. I was using the KR1 simply as the portal for the PC5750 card since turning on 802.11g on the KR1 caused the PC5750 to disconnect after a few minutes (a known problem). Even with the separate 802.11g attachment point, I still had occasional interference between the KR1 and the PC5750. With the KR2 the problems with the PC5750 appear to be totally solved.
Again thanks RfWeL for great service and information.
I'm not so sure that the KR2 is compatible with the AT&T Option GTMax 3.6 Express. We have tried two different KR2 routers and neither has worked with this card (although RfWel tested our card and router in their facility and it evidently worked). Our card works fine with no problems when installed in my laptop. When it goes into the router, the EVDO light blinks green for ten to fifteen minutes, goes to solid orange and the router software says that the signal is poor or our we have the wrong data plan. That is strange since I tested the second router in different spots in our office as well as right next to my laptop.
Has anyone, besides RfWel, got this combo to work?
Sprint Sierra 597 Compass With the Kyocera KR2
We tested the compatibility of the Sprint Sierra 597 Compass with the Kyocera KR2, click here to watch the video
