RFWEL
⌂›Forum›Wireless Communication›CradlePoint Routers›Losing modem connection with MBR900
The RFWEL Forums are now archived. All threads and discussions are preserved here for reference. New posts, replies, and comments are no longer accepted. For support or enquiries, please visit our Knowledge Base or Contact Us.

Losing modem connection with MBR900

This thread is part of the RFWEL Forums Archive. It is preserved here for reference and is no longer open for new replies or comments.
⌕
Pageof 1‹›⌗ Filter ▾
M
mikev
New Member
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1
01-26-2011, 11:39 AM
#1
I have a Sierra U301 modem in a MBR 900 router with Sprint Wimax (4G) service. Periodically the connection between the modem and router loses connection. My modem still has a connection light on it but the connection light on the router turns off. If I reboot the router, either by powering off or through the software or if I unplug the modem from the usb port and plug it back in I regain connection. There is no rhyme or reason when it does this. I am on my second router and both have had this issue. I have contacted Cradlepoint and they said to do an upgrade on the firmware for the router and modem, which I had been doing and did again with no improvement. Any thoughts on what might be causing this issue?

Thanks
Tags: None
S
Share
New Member
Join Date:
Posts: 0
01-26-2011, 04:36 PM
#2
Hi,
Have you ever used the U301 without the router and did it used to do this? How good is your signal strength especially when you lose connection?
Tags: None