RFWEL
⌂›Forum›Wireless Communication›CradlePoint Routers›MBR1000 & Sierra Compass U597 & Antenna & MAC
The RFWEL Forums are now archived. All threads and discussions are preserved here for reference. New posts, replies, and comments are no longer accepted. For support or enquiries, please visit our Knowledge Base or Contact Us.

MBR1000 & Sierra Compass U597 & Antenna & MAC

This thread is part of the RFWEL Forums Archive. It is preserved here for reference and is no longer open for new replies or comments.
⌕
Pageof 1‹›⌗ Filter ▾
A
anon5
New Member
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 13
01-26-2010, 10:21 PM
#1
I have a Mac and interested in the MBR1000, it is for our home and I would like to game on it as well(xbox360). Is this compatible with mac and also serve my listed needs. I have a seirra compass U597 usb modem and I also have it coonected to an cell antenna ( Yagi) on my roof. I get really good speeds, like 65 to 70 DBMs. I want to make the right choice without complications or purchasing a router that is to extreme ( save money!). thanks
Tags: None
T
thuor
Wireless Support
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 395
01-26-2010, 10:23 PM
#2
Yes the MBR1000 is compatible with the MAC. You can use it for gaming it just depends on how good of a cellular internet connection you have with the Sierra Compass U597 which really depends on your zipcode. If you have EVDO RevA in your area then you should be good. -65 to -70dBm of received signal strength is very good.
Tags: None