RFWEL
The RFWEL Forums are now archived. All threads and discussions are preserved here for reference. New posts, replies, and comments are no longer accepted. For support or enquiries, please visit our Knowledge Base or Contact Us.

Franklin U300 & ADHOC

This thread is part of the RFWEL Forums Archive. It is preserved here for reference and is no longer open for new replies or comments.
⌕
Pageof 1‹›⌗ Filter ▾
J
JDOC
New Member
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2
06-25-2012, 08:20 AM
#1
Hi guys, I'm new here so please excuse me if this has been covered but I can't find anything on it. I have a Franklin U300 and I would like to use my laptop as a ADHOC so I can use my Ipad while traveling. My problem is when I connect my U300 (Sprint) it closes all my other network connections. Is there a way around this issue? Thanks in advanced for the help!
Tags: None
T
thuor
Wireless Support
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 395
06-25-2012, 09:37 AM
#2
So to clarify, you want to plug in your U300 to your laptop then have the laptop somehow generate a WiFi signal that the iPad can use? If this is what you mean then unfortunately this is not possible.

You would need either a portable cellular router such as the Cradlepoint MBR95 or to change your device from the U300 to a Sprint Hotspot Modem that allows you to connect multiple devices with WiFi while only paying for one data plan with Sprint.
Tags: None