RFWEL
⌂›Forum›Wireless Communication›Cellular 3G/4G Modems›Clear 4G + Mac 10.5 G4 + External antenna connector
The RFWEL Forums are now archived. All threads and discussions are preserved here for reference. New posts, replies, and comments are no longer accepted. For support or enquiries, please visit our Knowledge Base or Contact Us.

Clear 4G + Mac 10.5 G4 + External antenna connector

This thread is part of the RFWEL Forums Archive. It is preserved here for reference and is no longer open for new replies or comments.
⌕
Pageof 1‹›⌗ Filter ▾
J
jtodd
New Member
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1
09-26-2010, 05:22 PM
#1
I'm looking to connect my Apple Mac Mini to Clear Wireless 4g service. This is for a remote site where the computer will be mounted in a shipping container running video security and other services, and thus I am trying to keep the number of power converters to a minimum to reduce complexity, power consumption, and heat. USB would be the best way to connect the wireless WAN 4G system. Due to the metal container, I need an external antenna connector that will allow me to mount a directional (and possibly an omnidirectional for multi-path, if required) on the top of the container.

Initially, I found the Ubee PXU-1900 to be the almost-the-right solution, but I see on Clear's site that they do not have drivers for Power-PC based computers, which is what the G4 is.

Does anyone have any other solutions? Any secret sources of Apple PXU-1900 drivers for power-PC architectures?

JT
Tags: None