X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wireless Thermostat Questions

Regarding the Wireless Thermostats:

What is the auto changeover?

Does this have the ability to automatically switch over from ac to heat when temp calls for it, on an electric standard ac/heat unit (no heat pump)?

What is the dual set point w/ adjustable deadband?

Is there a security lock out to prevent temp adjusting? Does the light on the screen turn off?

Thank you!

Wireless Thermostat Questions

What is the auto changeover?
    Auto changeover means it will change from heat to cool automatically.

*Does this have the ability to automatically switch over from ac to heat when temp calls for it, on an electric statndand ac/heat unit (no heat pump)?
    Yes from above definition

What is the dual set point w/ adjustable deadband?
    Dual set point means you can set two separate points for heat and cool T2 & T1. Say if T2> T1 then if T(room) > T2 then turn on cool and if T(room) < T1 turn on heat. Deadband is simply T2-T1 (i.e the difference between the set points). Nothing happens when the temperature of the room T(room) is within the deadband. Deadband is important to prevent something called hysteresis where temperature would fluctuate across a single setting. In fact standard thermostats that only have a single setpoint have in built deadband to prevent hysteresis so itís nice with this thermostat you actually get to pick what deadband you need to save money. The larger the deadband the less energy you use because the system is idle longer (provided T(room) is around deadband of course). For example at home I have programmed T1 at 78 and T2 at 82 for 4 degrees of deadband (live in Phoenix, Arizona so i can bet for the next few months we will not go below 78).

Is there a security lock out to prevent temp adjusting? Does the light on the screen turn off?
    There is a keypad lockout to prevent accidental programming or to prevent kids from playing with it. To my knowledge thereís no security lock to prevent unauthorized access from people who know how to disable the keypad lockout. You can set up the screen to turn off.

Click here to see the owners manual.

Comment

Working...
    X