Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Connecting Redlink MIFH2 Wireless Receiver and Equipment Interface Cable to Wi-Fi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Connecting Redlink MIFH2 Wireless Receiver and Equipment Interface Cable to Wi-Fi

I'm trying to install the Redlink MIFH2 Wireless Receiver and Equipment Interface Cable (https://shop.rfwel.com/redlink-mifh2...terface-cable/). On the product page, it says, "Wi-Fi Built-In," but I can't seem to find directions to connect it to the Wi-Fi in the product manual. What can I do to get this properly set up?

The Wi-Fi capabilities with your thermostat make reference to Kumo Cloud. If you are trying to control the unit from a smart device you will also need the Kumo Cloud. In order to use this, you must also have Mitsubishi Electric PAC-USWHS002-WF-2, Wireless (Wi-Fi) Interface Control 2(Kumo Cloud interface) since it does not have the Gateway.

Enable wps mode on your router. This is where the Wi-Fi adapter shares router connected information. If your router is not wps enabled you may have to put one to connect to your existing home router. Press the wps button on the PAC-USWHS002-WF-2 Interface for 2 seconds. Wait until LED 3 starts flashing. This will show that the connection to the router is successful and it is now trying to connect to the internet. Once your Kumo cloud app is connected, please follow the procedure below to finish with the set-up.

1. Connect the Wireless Interface 2 to connector CN105 on the indoor unit control board, and commission it through the Kumo Cloud app.
    • See the Technician Operation Manual for more info on how to commission the device.
    2. Connect the MHK2 receiver to the extra CN105 plug on the Wireless Interface 2 and finish commissioning the MHK2 controller.3. Follow the steps below to test the connection between Kumo Cloud and the MHK2.
    • Send a command from the Kumo Cloud app to the indoor unit and verify that it has appeared on the MHK2 controller’s display.
    • Send a command from the MHK2 controller to the indoor unit and verify that it has appeared in the Kumo Cloud app.
    It is important to note that the installation should be conducted by a professional installer to avoid any damage or injury.
    Last edited by Lameck; 11-20-2020, 01:18 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X