X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PortaBella BBNA ( Broadband Bonding Network Appliance ) FAQ's

Click here for product page

FAQ's

1 Let's say I have 4 cellular data modems with 1Mbps downlink speed and 250Kbps upload speed each, after I install PortaBella BBNA in my main office and mobile offices, how fast will I be able to download/upload files?

PortaBella at the mobile locations with 4 cellular data cards will be able to upload with 4 x 250Kbps = 1000Kbps and download with 4 x 1 Mbps = 4 Mbps. PortaBella BBNA can provide aggregate throughputs of up to 15Mbps.

2 Other than implementing bonding for the communication between the main office and mobile office, will PortaBella accelerate the Internet traffic at the mobile office?

Yes. PortaBella will bond all HTTP based downlink traffic for accelerated Internet traffic.

3 How many cellular/wireless interfaces does the PortaBella BBNA support?

Four.

4 What types of addresses does PortaBella BBNA support?

BBNA supports DHCP, PPPoE and static IPv4 addresses assigned from your ISP. The PortaBella BBNA can be configured appropriately through the web-based management interface. In the case of a static address, the LAN port of the PortaBella BBNA can be connected to a switch, and devices connected to the switch can be publicly addressed from the Internet through their statically assigned IP addresses. By default, however, the PortaBella BBNA uses DHCP to obtain a dynamic IP address on each Internet access line.

5 Is the PortaBella BBNA designed to be compatible with my existing LAN equipment such as routers, switches and firewalls?

Yes. Any LAN interface on the PortaBella BBNA simply replaces the Ethernet port on a DSL modem or cable modem, in an existing LAN configuration with only one Internet access line.

6 Do I need to order anything special from my ISP to use the PortaBella BBNA?

No. The PortaBella BBNA is a stand-alone product that does not require any special software, hardware, or configuration from the ISP.

7 Does the BBNA offer DHCP service on the LAN interface?

The DHCP server is enabled by default, but may be disabled, or configured to use a certain range which will not conflict with statically configured devices on your LAN.

8 Will I need to reconfigure my existing network to install the PortaBella BBNA?

No. The PortaBella BBNA supports a "Pass Through" mode of installation, for which no changes are required to the existing office data network. No changes to firewall settings or IP address re-assignment is required with the Pass Through mode. The Pass Through mode was designed to accomodate existing local office networks which fomerly had a single WAN connection to the Internet. In the Pass Through mode, the PortaBella BBNA is installed in-line between the legacy WAN modem and the legacy firewall/gateway router. The PortaBella BBNA is configured in this case by entering the IP address of the legacy WAN modem and the IP address of the legacy firewall/gateway router through the web-based BBNA Management Interface. Additional WAN modems can be plugged in to the PortaBella BBNA for enhanced performance and reliability on an as-needed basis, and will automatically be available to the legacy data network in the office.

9 Besides the Broadband Bonding®, does Porcini BBNA also provide inbound DNS load-balancing?

Yes.

10 Does the PortaBella BBNA support port forwarding?

Yes; port forwarding on the PortaBella BBNA is configurable through the web-based management interface.
Working...
X