Great news on the VoIP feature of the ZTE!!!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • noneya
    Wireless Support
    • Oct 2006

Great news on the VoIP feature of the ZTE!!!

I just got done with a tech support customer that bought the ZTE and is using it in Africa. I helped him set up his SIP service in the ZTE. He hung up and called me back and it sounded great. Now remember that he is calling me using an EvDO card in Africa. So using it here in the states you should get much better results with the faster speeds. If any one has played with this let us know what your results are. I just thought I would let everyone know.
    Last edited by noneya; 07-26-2007, 03:00 PM.
  • chiti
    • Dec 2006

VOIP through EVDO Router

That is awesome! My friend is from Angola and the are doing EVDO RevA here using Movicel Telecomunicacoes Lda and was wondering what cellular carrier they are using there and what aircard you are using.

Comment

• barita_lola
      • Aug 2007

fastest growing global provider of telecommunications equipment

Well friend it's true that ZTE Corporation is the fastest growing global provider of telecommunications equipment and network solutions, is to provide China Telecom, the country?s largest fixed-line operator, with its largest metropolitan intelligent fixed-line NGN network.

Comment

• Eagle
        • May 2007

ZTE Bavo w/ZTE My39 EVDO Card (Angola - Africa)

Originally posted by plaistedg
        I just got done with a tech support customer that bought the ZTE and is using it in Africa. I helped him set up his SIP service in the ZTE. He hung up and called me back and it sounded great. Now remember that he is calling me using an EvDO card in Africa. So using it here in the states you should get much better results with the faster speeds. If any one has played with this let us know what your results are. I just thought I would let everyone know.
        Where in Africa this SIP service was enabled? I had tried with several different and updated firmwares for the ZTE Bavo, using a ZTE My39 PCMCIA EVDO Card provided by Movicel (Angola) but the router never recognized the card. I opened a case in ZTE but never got any workaround.

Comment

• Eagle
          • May 2007

Originally posted by chiti
          That is awesome! My friend is from Angola and the are doing EVDO RevA here using Movicel Telecomunicacoes Lda and was wondering what cellular carrier they are using there and what aircard you are using.
          Movicel in Angola is selling ZTE My39 and Huawei PCMCIA cards, the USB Anydata ADU E100D and lately the AxcessTel Router. However the service is getting slower as more users are suscribing to this services.

Comment

• phool
            • Apr 2009

Can I use a modem over a VOIP phone connection? I have Sunrocket VOIP for my home phone. I'd like to connect to the internet using a modem for some trouble shooting stuff. Is this possible with VOIP?

Comment

• chiti
              • Dec 2006

Hi, If you have a VOIP connection at home then it implies that you have broadband internet at home and if so then you would remote login to your home network through that broadband connection. It does't make sense to "connect using VOIP" ... VOIP is nothing more than digitized voice carried over the Internet so it doesn't really have any underlying unique transport mechanism that you could use for remote connections as opposed to standard PSTN phones (public switched telephone networks). Or am i missing what your trying to do?

Comment

• Eagle
                • May 2007

Originally posted by noneya
                Noneya, can you please be more specific? Where in Africa the ZTE Bavo is being used? What is the hardware being used as EVDO PCMCIA card? Did you tried with a USB EVDO or 3G dongle?

Regards,

Eagle.

Comment

Working...