ZTE BAVO-to buy? applications? EV-DO etc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ZTE BAVO-to buy? applications? EV-DO etc

I have just become aware of this forum- my apologies for not understanding this - where did you get your BAVO?

I like the idea of RV installation - any experience? Boats?
    where do you see the BAVO fitting in when it is so powerful that it may frighten away average home buyer-

Are the benefits of TR-069 placing the BAVO into a whole new class?

is EVDO (PCMCIA or USB) real?

Any S-Video?

Originally posted by Joe-BAVO View Post
    I have just become aware of this forum- my apologies for not understanding this - where did you get your BAVO?

I like the idea of RV installation - any experience? Boats?
    where do you see the BAVO fitting in when it is so powerful that it may frighten away average home buyer-

Are the benefits of TR-069 placing the BAVO into a whole new class?

is EVDO (PCMCIA or USB) real?

Any S-Video?
    The BAVO is made by a chinese manufacturer called ZTE.

Lots of experience with RV installation but we dont usually use this for Boats. The reason is that the BAVO H110 which is the model we market only supports 1xEVDO (both Rev0 and RevA) and does not support 1xRTT. What this means is that when the clients travel to areas with no EVDO coverage they lose their internet connection. On the other hand most other routers some of them quite cheap like the Kyocera KR1 mobile router supports both EVDO and 1xRTT while others such as the TopGlobal MB6000 supports both CDMA based EVDO/1xRTT as well as GSM carriers' GPRS/EDGE/UMTS/HSDPA.

The BAVO H110 is truly a home gateway router as opposed to a mobile (travelling) router. The PBX, Print server and Bluetooth CTP profile are a favorite and the lack of 1xRTT does not pose a problem for users who reside in EVDO or EVDO Rev A markets.

The TR-069 is a non-factor and in fact none of our clients utilize this. In any case this is more for a WISP/ISP where they have dedicated ACS (Auto Configuration Servers) and remote management SLA's. We on the other hand we offer free on-site or phone/email support for configuration/management. For our enterprise clients that have several units thus requiring some automated remote configuration we recommend systems such as the junxion box (has a great patented management interface the 'Field Commander" TM) or the Top Global MB8000

The ZTE supports PCMCIA Cardbus (PC Card) interface. The USB port is just for Print sharing or to interface an external storage device NOT for EVDO backhaul. We have an Express Card to PC Card adapter that allows use of Express Cards with this device.

No S-Video? Just curious as to what application you would want to use an S-Video output for? Video streaming through 802.11g?
    Last edited by thuor; 07-06-2007, 12:49 PM.
    KF7RCQ

Comment

Working...
    X