Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what sort of upload speed are you getting with your Clear USB devise with antennas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what sort of upload speed are you getting with your Clear USB devise with antennas?

I now seem to have my antenna system working OK. Most times it connects OK and even has pretty good download speeds. ( around 3 - 3.5 Mbps usually but sometimes as much as 6 Mbps

I am using my series H USB devise with windows 7 laptop.

I just contacted Clear today about this issue. I only have around .15 Mbps upload. They tried to help out with a few optimizing processes. They helped me optimize Firefox . After that didn't help much, they helped me run a script to reset my IP settings. That did help a little. Doing that actually doubled my speed from about .08 Mbps to about .16 Mbps. upload.

But they couldn't really help me beyond that. I frankly think something is wrong with the USB devise itself. But I have nothing to compare to. I have noticed also over time that we appear to be in a sort marginal area even though it is within Clear's coverage zone. ( trees , hills)

So, that is why I ask..

Is your upload that bad too, or is this unique to my situation? I would expect this tiny devise to under perform the bigger house version of the modems , but this is really bad. It makes using Skype kind of a marginal prospect.

So, I am using my series H USB devise from clear in combination with the big grid antenna and the Omni antenna from RFWel. I have 50 feet of cable on each antenna.

BTW- the antennas have made a world of difference. I couldn't connect at all inside the house with this USB devise. Now I can connect and at least get really good download speeds.

Neil
Working...
X