Clear Wimax in portland - antenna for low signal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clear Wimax in portland - antenna for low signal

Hi, I have Clear WiMax in Portland, OR. My signal strength is low, and I want an external antenna. I can't find a WiMax modem with an external antenna input. Please help

Signal boost solution for clear USB modem

We don't have a direct solution for modems without an external antenna connection port. One option though that works for some people if you have a part of your house that has good coverage is to convert it to WiFi using a router such as the Cradlepoint MBR1000. This way you can leave the Clear modem where it has good coverage and connect using either WiFi or LAN cable connection.

The Xohm Zyxel modem has external antenna connectors. Here is a link to where you may order it but not sure if available in Oregon: http://www.xohm.com/en_US/shop/devic...-max206m2.html
    KF7RCQ

Comment

Will the ZyXEL modem work with the new Clear?

I have an option to get a ZyXEL Max206M2 modem. Will it work with Clear's new WiMax service?
      My current service is spotty, and I could probably improve it with an external antenna the ZyXEL allows for.

Comment

I have an option to get a ZyXEL Max206M2 modem. Will it work with Clear's new WiMax service?
        My current service is spotty, and I could probably improve it with an external antenna the ZyXEL allows for.

Comment

Working...
        X