Wi-Fi improvement for my ZTE MF288

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wi-Fi improvement for my ZTE MF288

What kind of range does the ZTE MF288 have? I have an office about 30 feet from my home and with the router I have we have to keep bringing the router back and forth to get connected.

It may be difficult to tell the distance of signal coverage of RF signals as this depends on the environment and line of sight (LOS). Generally, an antenna with a high gain among other characteristics like front-to-back ratio, VSWR, and polarization should be considered.

The ZTE MF288 has no external Wi-Fi antennas, only internal PIFA antennas. Consider using Wi-Fi extenders/adapters to extend the Wi-Fi reception from this router, like this option.

Note this may not give an ideal signal improvement if there are thick walls or other major hindrances to RF signals.

Wi-Fi adapter Application

Another option would be to run an ethernet cable (if there is a good cable route-you may need a technician for this) to a POE powered access point placed in the office (check out different types of POEs). This will require LAN configuration on the router.

Check out various options of increasing Wi-Fi coverage, their effectiveness and difficulty.

Talk to our indoor coverage expert for a personalized solution.
    Last edited by Brian; 10-19-2020, 04:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X