Forced Reload Procedure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forced Reload Procedure

I couldn't get my Huawei EC228 to work on my MB6800 so I had the bright idea of doing a Forced Reload and reinstalling the software on my router. I followed all the procedures in the MB6800 user guide, including downloading an TFTP Server software. No matter what I try I am unable to get the firmware back on the router. Can anybody help me?

Thanks,
    Jeremy

Okay I was able to get the firmware loaded back on the MB6800 but I am still unable to get it to connect to the internet with my Huawei EC228 (Alltel). It recognizes my EC228 and shows it on the homepage. One thing I noticed when going through the wizard is that it doesn't give me the option to enter a dial-up number. It just asks for a username and password and shows EC228 as my card. Is there something that I am missing? I have noticed that others have been able to just plug the USB modem into the router (CP - MBR1000) and they are up and running. Is the MB6800 just no good? Any help would be much appreciated as I am very new to all of this.

Thanks!

Comment

MB6800 with Altell EC228

Glad to hear that you got the firmware loaded back on. To enter the phone number it should be located in the internet access section. Just click on that and you should see where to enter the phone number in. In the past we have used this #: *99# for cards that weren't compatible yet with the MB6800. I am not sure if it will work in this situation but it's worth a shot. Int he mean time I will get information on whether it's compatible with the Alltel version of the EC228. It may not be compatible with the Alltel branded card.

Comment

When I go to the internet connection link in the router configuration I'm able to change the options for the Ethernet and the Serial connections but not for the Wireless Data Card. It just has it greyed out like there is no card present. You may be right about the Alltel branded EC228 not being supported. I hope not but maybe since nothing I try seems to work. BTW Top Global's support is not good at all. I have left a callback number on the tech support voice mail and send 3 emails with no reply. Thank you for all your help! If you come up with anything else please let me know.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
        X