Text Messaging Over TMobile at home hotspot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Text Messaging Over TMobile at home hotspot

Is it possible to send text messages over tmobile at home networks? Is it free? Our school has open wifi networks and this would be very cool. Can i just get the phone without the router?

GPRS support over the WiFi T-Mobile @ Home

Both voice and data are supported on the T-Mobile @Home UMAN. Data meaning GPRS data. So yes you can send text messages (SMS) and picture messages (MMS). Not sure about whether it's free just know that it's possible -- let me look into that and update this post.
    KF7RCQ

Comment

T-mobile @home unlimited text question.

T-mobile is not offering unlimited text with the unlimited calling. You would have to get the unlimited texting feature on your phone as well as the t-mobile at home add on plan. That would be great if they had unlimited texting on that plan as well.

Comment

Free Text Messaging over T-Mobile @Home Hotspot

Originally posted by wigeek View Post
        Is it possible to send text messages over tmobile at home networks? Is it free? Our school has open wifi networks and this would be very cool. Can i just get the phone without the router?
        T-mobile is not offering unlimited text with the unlimited calling. You would have to get the unlimited texting feature on your phone as well as the t-mobile at home add on plan. That would be great if they had unlimited texting on that plan as well.
        Ok here's food for thought for those with WiFi enabled phones. Even if you cannot do unlimited text messaging remember that you can always do SMS through email either by logging in to your my-tmobile account or even better by sending an email to "10digitMobile#@tmomail.net" which uses t-mobiles MMS gateway. For other cellular carriers see this post: http://www.rfwel.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4

If you know the cellular carrier of the recipient you can email the SMS to:
        T-Mobile: [email protected]
        Virgin Mobile: [email protected]
        Cingular: [email protected]
        Sprint: [email protected]
        Verizon: [email protected]
        Nextel: [email protected]
        Where "phonenumber" is the 10-digit U.S phone number.

If you don?t know what carrier the recipient has (or you prefer not to retain such information in your memory) you may use:

[email protected]

This is a free service provided by teleflip.com that automatically re-reoutes the SMS to the appropriate carrier gateway and only works in North America
        KF7RCQ

Comment

unlimited text messaging over Tmobile @Home

yeah i run into the same problem ... I thought the text messaging was unlimited. wonder why they just didnt enable this as well

Comment

Working...
          X