Alltel CDU550 EVDO USB Modem by Franklin Wireless

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alltel CDU550 EVDO USB Modem by Franklin Wireless

I need a wireless router that I can use my Alltel CDU550 in to setup a network.

CDU550 Mobile Cellular Router options

We have only two mobile routers that support USB EVDO Modems such as the Alltel CDU550. Unfortunately we don?t believe either of the two mobile routers the Kyocera KR1 or the Top Global MB6800 supports this Franklin CDU550 USB Modem. Frankly we haven?t tried the MB6800 since this is quite new and neither has the manufacturer (its not in officially supported list) but we know that the KR1 does not work for sure. Are you within your trial period? If so we can convert you to a different USB or PC Card Modem that would allow you to use mobile cellular routers. We are an Alltel and Sprint authorized dealer.
    KF7RCQ

Comment

Trial period is way over. I haven?t needed WI-FI in the house until recently. Nothing is compatible with my aircard??

Comment

Unfortunately not. Sorry! Here?s a trick though ? you can use ICS (Internet Connection Sharing) which is available in Windows XP. What you do is use the computer connected to the internet (i.e connected to the CDU550) to allow other computers on the network to access the internet. Then you network all the computers together using a regular Wired or WiFi router. Of course the computer that has the CDU550 has to always be on. To enable ICS you would simply follow the Network setup wizard in Windows XP. This is not a perfect setup but can work if you get it right. Hint: most people are unable to get it work due to firewall settings so look out for this. When your ready to upgrade your CDU550 we will be happy to hook you up with a more robust system.
        KF7RCQ

Comment

Thank you, And I might have to do that soon. I?ll try the other method ( that?s what Alltel said to do) and by a ?more robust system? could you tell me what that would be? I need to keep Alltel, I?m a product, service loyal kinda guy.

Comment

With Alltel they have the PC5750 which is RevA compatible which you would want anyway if Alltel ever gets round to implementing EVDO RevA network ? much faster than the current EVDO Rev0. Having the Alltel Modem together with a Cellular router would be more robust than the Internet Connection Sharing method we described above. As I mentioned we are an Alltel authorized dealer and love Alltel customer service so it?s nice to have you as a loyal customer.
            KF7RCQ

Comment

Working...
            X