Alltel launches the Kyocera KPC680 Rev A ExpressCard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alltel launches the Kyocera KPC680 Rev A ExpressCard

Alltel has launched the Kyocera KPC680 RevA ExpressCard.

This card is able to support data download speeds of up to 3.1 Mbps and upload speeds of 1.8 Mbps on EV-DO Rev. A.

It has dual external antenna ports that are hidden under a black plastic cover located by the antenna.

This card comes with an Express to PCMCIA converter. This is the only ExpressCard that comes with that adapter. This is nice for use in laptops and convenient since that adapter runs about $60.00.

This converter will not work work in the Kyocera KR1 mobile router though, if you want to use that card in the KR1 router you will need to use the PCMCIA to USB converter.

You can check it out by clicking this link: http://www.rfwel.com/shop/?target=pr...cat=108&page=1

This converter will not work work in the Kyocera KR1 mobile router though, if you want to use that card in the KR1 router you will need to use the PCMCIA to USB converter.
    Funny thing is that Kyocera makes the KPC680 and the KR1 yet the Express to PCMCIA adapter that comes with the KPC680 does not work with the KR1 and you need a separate Express to USB converter such as: http://www.rfwel.com/shop/catalog/Ex...ter-p-948.html

Also NOTE that NOT all KPC680 have these Express to PC adapters included. Only KPC680A have them. Look for the "A" after the model number on the UPC label. Both cost the same and I believe both are RevA compatible (although Alltel does not have EVDO RevA yet anyway so this doesn't matter).
    KF7RCQ

Comment

Hi

I have one of these cards and now when used either with my laptop or with KR2 router, the card does not seem to power up or be recognized. What happens is that the Status light does not even light up. I believe that the card should at least light red during startup and then go blue when active. I am currently getting no light at all. This was working on and off and reinserting the card would work at times. This was purchased through RfWel in conjunction with the KR2 Router and Alltel Service. I am not sure if I should go through RfWel or Alltel to get the card replaced? Help,

Thanks

Dean

Comment

Ok just to clarify are you talking about the Express to PCMCIA converter or the just the KPC680 express card? These adapters are too simple that we haven't really ever seen any go bad in the field. As for the KPC680 you are right you should at least see a red power light even when there's no useable signal.

The KPC680 has a one year manufacturer warranty and if you suspect it's bad Alltel customer service or any Alltel store can switch this out for you - Alltel customer care does the warranty replacements on behalf of Kyocera. You can give them a call at 866-255-8357. Once you get the KPC680 working on a laptop if it still doesn't work on the KR2 give us a call. We do the warranty replacements for the KR2 although in this case it doesn't appear that the KR2 might be faulty.
        KF7RCQ

Comment

Alltel aircard and routers

Originally posted by thuor View Post
          Ok just to clarify are you talking about the Express to PCMCIA converter or the just the KPC680 express card? These adapters are too simple that we haven't really ever seen any go bad in the field. As for the KPC680 you are right you should at least see a red power light even when there's no useable signal.

The KPC680 has a one year manufacturer warranty and if you suspect it's bad Alltel customer service or any Alltel store can switch this out for you - Alltel customer care does the warranty replacements on behalf of Kyocera. You can give them a call at 866-255-8357. Once you get the KPC680 working on a laptop if it still doesn't work on the KR2 give us a call. We do the warranty replacements for the KR2 although in this case it doesn't appear that the KR2 might be faulty.
          Hi. Am trying to find a router that is a combination of wired and wireless ports that will work with the ALltel saircard Huawei EC228. THey want to sell me a cyfre card that is wireless only. I have 4 computers that I use with a Linksys WRT54G router and Hughes satellite internet. I want to switch to Alltel since that's where I have my phone service now. Do you know of an alternative router I can use, or an alternative aircard and router? All my computers are desktop and I don't want to have to spend $250 for a wireless modem then four wireless adapters for the computers. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

Dave E
          NLR AR

Comment

Working...
          X