Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WiMax Low-Profile Magnet Mount Antenna

Collapse
X
Collapse

• WiMax Low-Profile Magnet Mount Antenna

I have a Clear Hub Express with incredible reception and performance with the already included internal 5dbi antenna. The only problem is I have to keep the modem in clear sight of the tower so it has to remain in my window which is on the sunniest side of the building. I don't want to degrade the modem from heat or the sun so I have been looking for a complete antenna kit that could allow the modem to be on the floor while the antenna remains in the window. My question is will the 3dbi antenna cause me to get even less reception/strength to the tower? With the 5dbi antenna I get RSSI: -39 CINR: 30 but it is sort of touchy a few cm too much to the left or right and it drops the CINR by about 4 or 5, sometimes 10. I don't want to go through the same situation of finding an ideal sweet spot and my fear is that could be the case. Sorry for my lack of knowledge in these matters any information you can give me on this item or something I can use like it for my Clear Hub would be of great use as I want to avoid installing something on a wall if at all possible.
    If you are not concerned much about aesthetics you could get this high gain outdoor antenna and place it indoors by the window: https://www.rfwel.com/shop/2_5-2_7GH...l-Antenna.html. Because this has 18dBi of gain you don't have to worry about losses from the window or from the cable that you will use to run from the antenna to your Clear Hub Express so pretty much this will give you the same (or even better) performance as you are getting with the Clear Hub by the window.

You can get this antenna as part of this kit: https://www.rfwel.com/shop/3G-4G-Dat...enna-Kits.html. This way you would include the cable length you need and the pigtail to connect to the Clear Hub Express (and we will automatically include any additional connectors that you will need). Because you would be placing this indoors you would not need the lightning surge protector.
      Posting comments is disabled.

Article Tags

Collapse

There are no tags yet.

Latest Articles

Collapse

• WiMax Low-Profile Magnet Mount Antenna
      josfin
      If you are not concerned much about aesthetics you could get this high gain outdoor antenna and place it indoors by the window: https://www.rfwel.com/shop/2_5-2_7GH...l-Antenna.html. Because this has 18dBi of gain you don't have to worry about losses from the window or from the cable that you will use to run from the antenna to your Clear Hub Express so pretty much this will give you the same (or even better) performance as you are getting with the Clear Hub by the window. You can get this antenna as part of ...
      04-17-2015, 01:11 PM
    • Boosting Clear WiMax
      josfin
      Yes. We have had success in doing just this using various high gain directional or omnidirectional antennas especially for the USB modem (Franklin U300) or modems with external antennas.

Here is a link to some of these setups: http://www.rfwel.com/4g-data/index.php
      The U300 is popular so here is a link to it: http://www.rfwel.com/shop/product.php?productid=1838

If you need a custom setup or special lengths of couplings, contact us and we can put together something to fit your specific scenario. These...
      04-17-2015, 12:54 PM
    • Antenna for Clear 4G wireless
      josfin
      Yes we have several antennas that can work with this. Here is an outdoor directional panel antenna kit: http://www.rfwel.com/shop/product.php?productid=1935. Depending on your situation one antenna will work just fine (put it in the primary antenna slot which is “ANT1” in the image shown here http://www.rfwel.com/4g-data/index.php#pxu1900 (PXU1900 modem).

We have other styles of antennas here: http://www.rfwel.com/4g-data/wimax-a...wimax_antennas with different gain and spec’s. For example...
      04-17-2015, 12:36 PM
    • Improving Received Signal Strength for Dual 3G/4G Cellular/WiMax Modems
      admin
      This discusses techniques available to improve the received signal strength for dual-mode 3G/4G modems capable of Cellular/PCS 3G data and 4G WiMax. For example for the Sierra 250U modem available from Clearwire and Sprint. Current WiMax modems in the market implement 2xReceive MIMO diversity which means they have 2 integrated antennas and, where available, two external antenna ports. For dual 3G/4G modems one of these antenna ports, typically the primary, is used for both Cellular/PCS as well as WiMax frequency band and the secondary antenna port is used for WiMax 4G MIMO diversity only.   Fig1: Sierra 250U 3G/4G Modem antenna connectors Due to the presence of multiple wireless protocols operating in difference frequency bands supported by the two external antenna ports its important to get the right antenna necessary for the particular band you need. For example if you only need to use it in a 4G coverage area then you don't need to have an antenna that supports 3G. Boost 3G Only: Useful for example for use in areas with no 4G. Standard cellular boosting techniques can be used. For example you can use a 1900MHz PCS Yagi antenna directly attached to the modem or use it in conjuction with a cellular amplifier/repeater either directly connected to the modem or rebroadcasting the amplifier signal a modem in close proximity Learn More Boost 4G Only: This is the most common setup for fixed sites like buildings since you already have a prior knowledge of the existence of 4G. Our most popular antenna kit includes both directional or omnidirecional antenna options to boost the 4G WiMax signal. See an example drawing on using a 16dBi panel antenna in ANT#1 port and a 12dBi omnidirectional antenna in ANT#2 port. Boost BOTH 3G & 4G: Method1: Manual switchover of antennas. Simply get a 3G antenna and a 4G antenna, two low-loss coaxial cables and two pigtails and manually switch over antennas as needed. The benefit of this is that you can get the best performance antenna available in each band. High performance single-band antennas are generally more readily available that antennas that can support both the cellular/pcs band as well as the 2.5-2.7GHz WiMax band. Disadvantage is that you lose the benefit of seamless failover from 4G to 3G that is provided by the modem. For example if you are running fine on 4G and the 4G signal fades below the threshold where it becomes unuseable you would lose a connec...
      03-20-2015, 11:22 PM
    • How/When Can WiMax Antennas Actually Degrade Performance instead of Improving It?
      admin
      We once in a while receive a support ticket themed around

There are several reasons why this might be the case:
      1. Wrong antenna or cables used Typically the problem is with the cable but we have seen people use 2.4GHz antennas and get surprised that everything is not working as well. Remember antennas are passive and by design wide-band (just how good they perform at different bands than what they were intended for is a different story). So an antenna designed for 2.4GHz will not completely block the signal but the performance will deteriorate significantly outside the bandpass. Same goes for Coaxial cable
      03-20-2015, 11:15 PM
    • WiMax Antenna Primer - Using One External Antenna vs Two Antennas
      admin
      Here is an excellent primer from Motorolas Networks & Enterprise Group that addresses a lot of the issues we have been discussing here on MIMO multiantenna transmission techniques and when you can use one antenna instead of two antennas.

WiMAX Antennas Primer - A guide to MIMO and beamforming

The key takeaway is that when a CPE (customer premise equipment) has multiple antennas and is using MIMO Matrix A with Space-Time Block Coding, if an external directional high-gain wimax antenna is mounted to provide a line-of-sight (LOS) or near-line-of-sight (nlos) to a base-station,...
      03-20-2015, 11:08 PM
    Working...
    X